September 23, 2007

Wooden Dolls Collection Update #1

I have now decided to post regular updates (as new entries) whenever I acquire new additions to any of my collections. Links to the original entries will be found at the bottom of each update entry.

The first new addition to my collection is the one on the far right. It's actually made of paper, not wood, but paper came from wood, so meh. Don't argue with me, it's be part of my collection. Haha. So anyway, this adorable thing was a gift from my friend, Reno! His mom makes all these cute paper doll sculptures which I've always said were so amazing. I didn't know he was eventually going to give me one! And since I know that his mom doesn't just give this away that easily, I'm really really honored and thankful to have her (her meaning this dollie). I love it so much. I'm naming her Mei-Xing, which means beautiful star. Such a work of art.

Next is the one on the far left. A friend of my youngest brother went to Thailand and bought loads of little dolls to give away (beats me why he'd give away dolls to his guy friends). My brother, knowing I collected these, got me one wearing my favorite color; pink! He said the red one looked better but someone already got it, but I don't mind! This is really cute! So for a Thai name.. hmm, Isra. It actually means "nocturnal journey" according to the internet, but whatever, I don't care. Isra sounds cute. I love countries with loads of handicraft stuff.

Lastly, one of my greatest finds ever is this mother doll in the middle. I found it at a local store here in the Philippines, but it was actually made from Tibet (yes, I trust the seller that it's from there, hopefully she's not lying haha). It's one of a kind and I got it at a really low price! 150php, imagine that (around $3.5 usd). And to think that I got Chimmi (the small doll from Hong Kong, which is super cute, but not cheap) for double the price. I love bargaining. So, I'm naming the mother Tara which is the name of a female mother goddess in Tibetan Buddhism. As for the baby, well, I'm not sure if it's a girl or a boy, so I'm naming him Dawa, a name associated for both male and female, and it means "moon's child".

Link to the original entry: My Wooden Dolls Collection

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

sheena!:) ganda ng dolls mo!:) more to come! hehehe.... hmm... i am just wondering, magkakaroon ka ba ng doll na cippow? hehehe:)

Sheenz said...

Hey Hansel! Thanks! I love my dolls. Heheee. A Cippow doll? That's one of my dreams!! Haha! I really want to have a cippow doll made, wooden or not. Haha actually, he'd be cuter as a stuff toy. ;) Don't you think?

Anonymous said...

hey! uy, why not ah!:) it would be great, at least, you have your own cippow doll! =) hahaha :) i-draw mo naman para we can make it out, if possible hahaha :) and the pag hit yun then we can mass produce it hahahaha!

Anonymous said...

sheena, your dolls scare me. they honest look like voodoo dolls. waaa! HAHAHAHA! and yes, as always, that is all i say about them ; ) heehee! hahahaha! i hate science :c poo! hahaha no connect! sorry!

Sheenz said...

milka!! hahaha yes yes, they are scary for you. i will buy more and bring them to school so they can haunt you. HAHA

Anonymous said...

hahaha okay, what a lovely person you are, the one that wants to haunt me with her freaky dolls. enough said. HAHAHAHA joke! you know i love you so. *wink!* yihee! hahaha!

Playmobil Christmas said...

Nothing fades doll costumes as quickly as natural sunlight. Natural sunlight also fades some vinyl dolls and cloth dolls.