September 04, 2007

Before and After Drawings

So here's another edition of my Before & After thingies! Yey! I rummaged through one of my folders labelled "Very Old Drawings" and found some ancient works (hmm.. haha)! The ones on the left are drawings from 2005 and the ones on the right were made mid 2006. Funny how, in just a year, I was able to change a lot of things ^^.

A Whole New World


This is probably my favorite of the three transition drawings (or maybe I'm just biased since Aladdin is my second all time favorite). So things that changed, well, I stopped using the stained glass effect on photoshop. I also made the carpet straighter. I know the carpet looks more stiff on the second one, but it's harder to make it all soft and moving. Haha. Hmm, what else, imrpoved on the colors as well and the palace was also more stylized now. I love Jasmine's transformation here; now she really looks cute with her poofy pants!! Heehee. I love Jasmine and all her poofiness (as you might have read in my other posts).



Cinderella & Prince Charming

Removed the ugly fountain, replaced it with an empty bird bath (HAHA). Ok, so maybe I have to improve more but that's the best I was able to do a year ago. Hmm, what else, added some cute little rosebushes, improved on their faces and clothes. Cinderella's hair is one of the hardest to do, but I'm glad of the way it came out in here. Hmm what else..? Changed the tones a bit too. ^^ Gosh that fountain is ugly... haha.


Belle and the Sheep


Honestly, I'm not happy with the second version still because of that STUPID fountain. Grr.. And actually the hoses at the back need a little work as well. This is one of my favorite scenes frfrom the movie and I remember that when I started drawing Disney (2004-2005), this was also one of those first scenes that I practiced on drawing. Sadly, until now, I haven't been able to make a great reproduction. Ah well, at least there's a challenge! Anyway, as you can see, colors changed a bit, made it warmer... I don't know, I think I like the cheescake tones better (the one on the left).

3 comments:

Mari said...

=O I love the second Belle one!!!! It's my favorite of the 3! I would totally buy a little print or magnet thing or whatever of it if it were allowed on dA.

<333333

Sheenz said...

Mari! heeehee thanks! Didn't I post this one yet on DA? Eep! I'll post it next time! ;)

Anonymous said...

hahaha me too! i love the improved version of belle and the sheeps! super lovely i swear <3 i don't know why sheena's complaining :| i could never draw that nice even if it was the only way to save my life :| hahahaha boo sheena! boo! :)) i loved how your drawings evolved too <3 haha keep improving! :)