September 02, 2007

Coke Jeepney

Every time I drive to school, I see around one or two jeepneys sporting this design, and I have to say, I absolutely love them! I've been trying to get a good picture of it but I always forget to bring my camera with me, and the only time I ever DID bring my camera, I wasn't fast enough to open and shoot. Crap. So I had to settle with my camera phone, which isn't half bad, but unfortunately, the resolution isn't that good. And it doesn't capture moving subjects well. Here's the best shot I got. Crap, I need to work on my photography skills more.

Here are the reasons why I absolutely love these jeepneys. First of all, the people behind this idea are advertising geniuses. I forgot to whom, but I mentioned before that if I could change one thing in the country, that would be to remove ALL billboards (and visible phone wires, but that's a different story), and this is such a great substitute to that. I also saw those LRT trains with Milo designs and all those other companies and I think that it's such a great idea. Manila would really be ten steps towards a pretty city if only we removed those ugly billboards and ugly telephone wires. I'd like to see the sky while I"m driving, for a change. Not some stupid guy posing half naked. Ew.

I wouldn't mind having all the different jeeps in Metro Manila 'commercialized' (in design); especially not if the designs are this good. Which brings me to my next reason, and that is that the design is so pretty!!! People always said that jeepneys are a great addition to our city culture because they are bright and well designed etc. (though I've seen some hellishly ugly ones), but this one really takes the cake. It's cute, colorful, hip, it still looks like a jeep and that huge coke bottle on top! EEK!

I love the way it's so colorful... it makes the dull car-filled roads a teeny bit more interesting.

By the way, just so you know, I hate Coke. As much as possible, I try not to drink soft drinks unless I'm really really dying. But hey, I love the way they present their product anyway. Hooray for great advertising!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahaha i haven't seen a jeep designed this way.. EVER! i want to see one! where do you see one? tell tell. i shall wait for it.. stalker! hahaha kidding! i want to see one though.. it looks so cool! : )

Mari said...

Woah! That's crazy! I'd love to see some of those around here (lol the closest thing we have are double decker red tourist buses)!

I hate Coke, too.

Sheenz said...

MILKA: Haha! Whenever I pass Santolan, I see around 2-3. A while ago I think I saw 4 pa nga e. o__o Crazy haha. Anyway, I don't think you pass by that road :( But don't worry! Last Saturday I saw one parked at the cornfield in school; I think an NSTP class is using a jeep like this to go on their areas. ^^

Sheenz said...

MARI: Haha, yeah jeepneys are cool, but they're terrible in terms of pollution and safety. Haha. The most I've ridden are school-rented jeeps. Eep...

Anonymous said...

i agree! these jeepneys and even LRTs are cool! dapat nga wala ng billboards... (or bawasan) at least moving ad at di standing-still ad :)

you don't like coke? hahaha:) diabetic ka ba? hehehe:)

Sheenz said...

haha no im not diabetic. i like sweet things. i just don't like carbonated drinks in general.

The Grainary Corp. said...

How cool... How can you drive and shoot??? :D

Sheenz said...

Well... *ahem* next question please. HAHA! My dad's gonna kill me if he finds out.