September 30, 2007

Rachael Yamagata

I am drowning in Rachael Yamagata's sappiness.

And I love it. Rachael's songs are always full of drama-- everything from the lyrics to the tune to her raspy voice, and that's what I love about them. Rachael Yamagata is one my best discoveries to date.

I love ALL her songs because they are just too poetic and I'm a sucker for poetic sappiness, though it's rare that I admit it (I just want to emphasize that her songs aren't stupid love songs. Haha. I hate stupid love songs). You know how there's this one artist whose songs you can just swear said everything you've always wanted? Rachael Yamagata is that artist to me.

Hmm... so anyway, enough of my blabbing. Here are some of my favorite lyrics from her songs. Grab a copy of her CD, Happenstance, if you can. If not, well, find a way to listen to her songs! Tell me what you think once you've listened to her songs!


---

Oh, the bridge is narrow
And you've got so far to fall
And you know down in dirty water's
No place for a paper doll"

- Paper Doll


You sat down next to me, like poetry
to wine
Out window looked upon a yellow neon sign

I took your hand while you decided what to do

The only kiss, I ever miss, I shared with you

- I Want You

So, I will head out alone and hope for the best
We can pat ourselves on the back

As say that we tried

And if one of us makes it big

We can spill our regrets

And talk about how the love never dies

But you and I know the reason why

I'm gone, and you're still there

- Reason Why

'Cause I'm afraid, and I can't breathe,
And I'm in love with you

But you are not with me

Cause I have put so much into a life

I made too much about you now to lie

- Letter Read

--

She's releasing a new album this year by the way, and I'M SO EXCITED!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds nice! i'll try to download them hehehe:)

Sheenz said...

Hey Hansel! Rachael is very good. Tell me what you think once you've downloaded!

Anonymous said...

hahaha and it's the famous rachel. yan pala face niya. the face i had in mind that went with the voice didn't look like her at all. hahaha weird. she looks sorta emo?

Sheenz said...

rachael is famous to you and mon cuz I keep on talking about her -.- haha. well, yes, i guess she's emo... but more dramatic than emo. aand... she's prettier than you thought huh? ^^

Anonymous said...

I'll buy a magazine searching for your face
From coast to coast, or whatever I find my place
I'll track you on the radio
And I'll sign your list in a different name
But as close as I come to you
It's not the same


So, steal the show
And do your best to cover the tracks that I have left
I wish you well and hope you find whatever you're looking for
The way I might've changed my mind
But you only showed me the door...