May 14, 2008

I Built a Sandcastle

I have completed another goal in my 70 Things to Do Before I Die list! #9: Build a sandcastle!

It wasn't anything grand but it was already an accomplishment for someone who hasn't gone to the beach for years already. HAHA. My family doesn't go to the beach that often because my parents prefer cool, relaxing getaways so this was a very rare opportunity.

We were at Subic last May 10 to 12 and I had such a wonderful time! Thanks to our family friends, Auntie Ellie and Uncle Henry, we were able to ride their private speedboat and have this place (beach) all to ourselves. Subic is such a great place. It's really a pity because I think that if they develop the other attractions more (like Zoobic and the beaches), it would really be a great tourist destination.

Anyway, me and my brother were each building our own castles and took pictures after. The waves were a bit strong so I had to rebuild this so many times. We had to build not too far from the water because we didn't bring any pail or shovel. Haha. We needed easy access to water o__o My design was simple, but I really like it! It sortta looks like a mosque of some sort though... or like a flying saucer, or you know that thingie on top of juicers? Lol! I am but an amateur, don't laugh at my castle. Hahaha.

Yes, I built this with nothing else but my bare hands and my heart <3

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i want to make a sandcastle too! hardness ata though..? boo.. haha! pretty sandcastle love! <3

Sheenz said...

thank you milkieeee. haha! it's not so hard to make, it's just hard to keep it there haha cuz of the strong waves. :D

hansel said...

congrats on your sandcastle! =)

Sheenz said...

tenchuuu very much hansel!