May 07, 2008

Get INSPI(RED)

For those living under a rock for the past year, allow me to introduce to you the RED campaign (started by Bono and Bobby Shriver), beginning with the RED Manifesto. Read on.

The Join Red campaign, I must say, is such a genius project in so many ways. It is a great marketing plan (a fact they self-proclaim) and at the same time they DO help. The manifesto says it all and bravo to them for making the manifesto honest and straight to the point.

It also helps that the simple designs are charming. I'm pretty sure GAP sales rose tremendously with their RED apparel line as almost everyone in the US has a shirt or two (exaggerating much, obviously). And I've been hoping that Apple would release a RED iPod Classic because although I adore the RED Nano (the old one, not the new square ones), the capacity just won't do it for me. Hopefully more companies would join the campaign as I'd like to feel less guilty every time I buy something nice.

Anyway, GAP is opening soon at the Shangri-La mall here in the Philippines and I sure hope they carry the RED apparel line (it would be pretty silly if they didn't). I want an INSPI(RED) tshirt... and that RED hoodie is just to die for.

If you are still confused or would like more information, visit their website Join Red. I'm not sure if it's just me, but the site usually takes a lot of time to load. Fret not for the site is worth it.


12 comments:

The Grainary Corp. said...

Hmmmm.... :) Go (RED)!!! I like the idea. It does help you get over the guilt of spending so much money on something that sometimes are really just luxuries in life :)) Nice Post! XD

Sheenz said...

Haha yeah it DOES take the guilt doesn't it. Let's all go RED!

Anonymous said...

what does INSPI mean?

Sheenz said...

It's actually the entire word "inspired" they just placed emphasis on the letters RED. :) They have loads more actually, like ADO(RED) and DESI(RED).

Anonymous said...

sobrang mahal ng (RED) shirts!! meron dito GAP though, although not worth it, i think. haha.

Sheenz said...

WAH tlaga? Like how much isa? Damn. -.-

Mari said...

Omg. My parents bought me the cargo jacket that I fell in love with when I saw the RED feature on Oprah back when the campaign started. There are these really cute (well, I thought so) bracelets, too. I bought one of the very first design, but nowadays I see some newer ones....

I don't see as much RED merchandise at the GAP around here anymore....

Sheenz said...

ooooh *envious* haha jk. the bracelets ARE nice. are they really expensive?

Mari said...

Lol probably not if I was able to buy one. *shot*

I don't remember exactly but I would assume that they run around $5 USD...

Sheenz said...

Ah.... very nice :D ok!! hope i'd get to buy one too haha!

Anonymous said...

what a great idea, amazing. i want to visit Gap and check out the line! haha! i shall when i get the chance! boo busy sched! :| miss you love! :)

Sheenz said...

i miss you too love :) check it outttt!!