May 06, 2008

Automatic Loveletter


New music discovery and this one is love. Automatic Loveletter.

When I listen to songs, what strikes me more are the lyrics first before the sounds and I guess that is why Automatic Loveletter was love at first listen. Juliet Simms' poetry is amazing and I love all the imagery she brings. Music wise, her voice is full of passion and their energy is magnetic. Why, oh why, do they only have a few songs. Huu.

My first encounter with Juliet Simms was from Remembering Sunday (a personal favorite of my friends and I), a song with All Time Low (I love this band). "The Answer" was the first song that I listened to and it remains to be one of my favorites from them. But the song that I really love the most is "Unhearted" because of the lyrics. It's not the best most poetic thing you've probably ever heard but it meant something to me personally :).

"...and I breathe cuz its necessary and I sigh when I see the moon. I dream to make sleep less boring.. I'm a hopeless romantic and kicking the habit but all hearts have darts." - Unhearted

"This drama sat shot gun my eyes rained like autumn only the glove box knows how the story goes" - Make Up Smeared Eyes

"From ocean to sky summer and fall, I have been there though it all. From laughing and crying to pain that comes easy from shades of grey meaning that turn out so sweetly" - The Answer

4 comments:

The Grainary Corp. said...

"...and I breathe cuz its necessary and I sigh when I see the moon. I dream to make sleep less boring.. I'm a hopeless romantic and kicking the habit but all hearts have darts." - Unhearted

hmmmm.. i wonder what the dart means... :)) how was pretty building? did you like it?

Sheenz said...

Tanque :) Pretty Building was ok, but the lyrics were just normal so I don't listen to it much. But it was ok! I like the title haha! I have lots of new music right now so I'm taking them one by one :D

Anonymous said...

i didn't really like the songs, pretty lyrics but i didn't like the tune, too emo for me, love! haha! :)

Sheenz said...

haha awww that sucks, I love them very much! but oh well! :D