April 24, 2008

Chatuchak Weekend Market


Best place to shop = Chatuchak Weekend Market. That's basically it.

I had to come back twice on the same weekend just because I felt like I didn't buy enough during the first day. Loads of robot/monster shirts and very nice graffiti style graphic designs as well. My brain was so confused. Haha. Shirts cost around 100-200 Baht at max and that's extremely cheap! If only I could go back, I would've bought like 20 more :| Haha! My brothers were grabbing shirts like crazy as well and I LOVE the designs on a lot of the boy shirts so I helped my brothers pick for the really nice ones and I ended up borrowing and wearing them also back home HAHA.

A stall there named Defy were selling unique gold plated pendants, charms, necklaces, rings and many more. It was probably my favorite shop. I wanted to buy so many and had to control myself. I bought this Paper Crane designed necklace which I absolutely adore! I have a thing for paper cranes (since I've been folding them like crazy this summer) and paper cranes remind me of very nice memories so I just couldn't resist getting this. This is now my favorite piece of jewelry.

If you're visiting Thailand and if you're a fan of tiangge style markets, your best bet is this weekend market. Be sure to bring water. Tie your hair. Wear comfy shoes and comfy clothes. If crowded places irritate you, ha, you sure are in the wrong place!

4 comments:

The Grainary Corp. said...

me like the crane-necklace. XD

Sheenz said...

thaaaanks it's my payboriiit!

Anonymous said...

i want to go there too someday!! hahaha! or.. will i not like the stuff they sell? maybe too boy-ish for me? or not..? what do you think? haha! :P

Sheenz said...

milkaaa they have LOADS of different stalls, parang tiannge sa greenhills only 1000x better in terms of selection hahaha. so you don't have to worry. ive seen super girly stores that scream MILKA and i'm sure you'll love them.