April 14, 2008

Elephant Ride

As many people know, the thing I'm most excited about during my trip to Singapore & Thailand was finally being able to meet the elephants, or who I fondly call the PHANT PHANTS!! Wooo! I was so excited for this!


So last April 6, the day before we finally came home from our early summer trip, we visited the Rose Garden at Thailand to go and say hello to the phant phants. The weather was terrible actually, as it was raining throughout our 1 hour ride from the hotel to the place. Luckily though (and I think mainly due to my grandma's presence, since she honestly prays like crazy every single moment, and thank goodness for that), when the time came for us to ride the elephants, the rain stopped! Hooraaaay!

You had to pay I think something around 20 baht to have your photo taken on the small phant phant. You get to sit on his leg, yeheeey! Whoever said I can't hug elephants can kiss your unbelieving butt buhbye because ha! I was able to do it!! Heehee.

I self-proclaimed that the elephant's name was to be Michelle. I kept calling it Michelle already until one of my brothers pointed out that I was so stupid because the phant phant had tusks, which obviously meant that it was a boy. What was I thinking?! Haha! So I renamed it to Mark. I don't know why I name him Mark. I just did. Haha! My brothers were laughing at me because I was talking to the elephant.

Anyway, super happy! I finally got a chance to ride the elephant as well! My love for elephants overpowered my fear of heights so hooraaay! The ride was super short, but it doesn't take a lot to make me happy.

Crossing out another item in my things to do before I die list!

8 comments:

Rach said...

Dang, that's so awesome! That's on my list too! :)

Sheenz said...

^_____^ hope you get to do it soon as well!

Mari said...

Lol don't you mean that they had tusks? All elephants have trunks. =P

That first photo is so cute! Lol a match made in heaven.

Sheenz said...

Hahaha yes I did mean tusks!! Stupid me! I was so excited just typing away Hahaha!

Wahooo Mark and I look so cute together! :p

Anonymous said...

hahaha! YAY for you! i can just imagine you talking to mark :)) what a funny picture! anyway, im sure you were super duper duper happy anyway, and that's all that matters ;) loved our sleepover!! love you sheena!! :) *hug!*

Sheenz said...

milkaaaa i had so much fun as always. haha yeah mark was so cute!! more sleepovers love!

Anonymous said...

Excited to meet the elephants?????

Don't you already know an elephant? Your imaginary elephant? lol

Peace.

Sheenz said...

But Phant Phant (my elephant) is just a small elephant! These are BIG ELEPHANTS!!! WEEEEEEEEE!