August 25, 2007

Walt Disney Classics Collection

The Walt Disney Classics Collection (WDCC) is a collection of wonderfully done sculptures of different characters and scenes from the various Disney movies.... AND I LOVE THEM! Just looking at pictures of the sculptures makes my heart melt (with crazy happiness because they are so beautiful, and with envy because they're so expensive). I have an entire folder in my desktop dedicated to just pictures of the hundreds of sculptures and I ogle at their beauty. I use them as references for my drawings from time to time as well. They're just so good...! Anyway, Here are some of my favorite pieces. I'd buy them all if only I were rich. Haha.

My absolute favorite is the Indian scene of Peter Pan. It's so cuuute!
And Peter Pan's my favorite Disney movie as well (next comes Mulan and Aladdin). Wendy John and Michael's positions look so natural here and it's amazing. Also Tiger Lily, look at her, the way she's positioned, you almost actually believe that she's really dancing. The craftsmanship is amazing. I like the totem pole at the back as well. Heehee and the color scheme also! Heck, I love everything about it. It's so perfect!

Another one is the Pinocchio set, one with Gepetto working on Pinocchio at his toy shop. I haven't seen the movie for the longest time but the detail in this piece is just perfect. I love the wood was done, and the details on the shelves and the other props (like the cute clock) are just so pretty. I love how the color red isn't so saturated here. It makes the colors blend well. The tone is just perfect and nothing seems out of place. The warm colors make it all so inviting, as though you'd like very much to join the scene. At least that's how I feel about it . Heehee.


Next one's the model of Cinderella's first dress. I remember when I was kid, I really hated the part when the evil step sisters ruined Cinderella's pink dress because I honestly loved her look more when she had that dress on rather than the blue silver one that the Fairy Godmother conjured up. I love this pink dress, it reminds me of a very delicious cake! Look at the little birds with the ribbons ^^. Heehee. So cute. The one on the right side, with Cinderella holding her dress, is so pretty! Her expression is so cute, I love it. She really looks so happy. And the way the dress 'swings' is so o__o. How do they do it?!

I love the set versions and another pretty one is this Beauty and the Beast set, just after the curse was broken. I love that scene. The human forms of the characters were done so nicely heehee, they all look so cute still even when they transformed already. Cogsworth and Lumiere are the best turn-outs. I love their human outfit. It's so clock and candle ish still.
Haha! Anyway, like before, the movement is depicted so well in this scene too, especially in Belle. I like how they drew the french maid's costume. Sexy but not slutty. lol. Still very Disney!

And the last one that I'm gonna post here is this Mulan one. Again, movement. But what I love most about this is the color scheme that they used... and Mulan's costume. I'm glad they didn't do the army costume, I honestly hate her look there. So manly (yes, I know that was the point of it but I still didn't like it). The colors aren't so bright but they still managed to make it look lively. I really love this piece. Mulan looks great here.

One other favorite set of mine is one with Alice having a tea party. I'm not gonna place a picture here anymore because the entry looks super crowded already haha. But it's one heck of a design really. Go look for it. It's so cute. Reminds me of my Polly Pockets. It's super colorful too!! And you know how much I adore color!!

The sculptors for these collections are really amazing. I
admire their skills. Sculpting isn't really one of the art forms that I know how to appreciate but expert or not, anyone can appreciate the sheer beauty of these pieces, and I'm sure to that you'll agree.

I have only seen these in real life once, and that was in Hobbes & Landes at Serendra if I'm not mistaken. And only once because, I rarely go to Serendra(I'm always at Rockwell, haha, you'll see me there every Sunday if you frequent the mall). I want to visit that place again, and I will soon (whenever I'm not at Rockwell, lol). They're such eye candies!!

You can see so much more from this site (Thanks for the link Mari!) http://www.wdccduckman.com/ Check them out, you'll be inspired (that is, if you admire amazing creativity and/or adore Disney haha)!

5 comments:

Mari said...

We have the Beauty and the Beast one at work and it's freaking GORGEOUS... and it's $1,750 (USD). If I won the lottery then I would totally get it. <_<

We have the Peter Pan one, too. I fell in love with it when I first saw it, but honestly, "The Curse Is Lifted" is SO much better (if you ever get to see the facial sculpts up close then you'll know what I mean). There's also one of Captain Hook and Mr. Smee kidnapping Tiger Lily in the rowboat (with the crocodile following them) that I really like.

I lost the Mad Hatter Tea Party auction, by the way... ;_; I was at work all day so I wasn't able to bid at the last minute like usual. I'm not letting Hop Low escape me, though! ::shakes fist::

Hahaha now I have to find some more to obsess over.

Sheenz said...

Mari, you're so lucky you work there. haha. Now don't let any new auctions pass!!!

Mari said...

I lost Hop Low, too. ;_; Someone out bid me when there was 1 second left on the auction!

....I finally got that Ariel sericel, though! I'm soo happy! There was one in our store last year but it was sold and we never got any more. I'll take photos when it comes in!

I also found some of the original clean-up animation drawings used for The Little Mermaid, Winnie the Pooh, Mickey & co. and some Aladdin. =O

eBay can be a marvelous place sometimes...

Anonymous said...

post the alice in wonderland thingy! hahahaha or send it to me via mail or whatever! okay?? i want to see the beautiful colors please :P haha!

Sheenz said...

Here's the Alice one! http://www.wdccduckman.com/spgtt13k.htm It's so prettyyyy isn't it!