August 23, 2007

Be Be Your Love

Be Be Your Love is a song by Rachael Yamagata from her great album Happenstance. My favorite of hers has always been "Paper Doll" but for the past weeks I've been playing THIS song over and over again. And no, of course not, it has nothing to do about how I'm feeling right now (sarcastic obviously).

About the drawing:


This drawing on the right was a doodle I did during Economics class (at 7:30 am, my brain is still dead), that's why it's sketchy. I was just doodling using my black pen, with the song playing in my head, and had no plans originally to photoshop it whatsoever. I just drew how I felt like at that time. It has no concept --- just two people standing side by side.

I photoshopped it later that day to see if I could pull of a sketchy style. Took a background somewhere (I honestly forgot where, if you are responsible for this please let me know so I can give due credit). Had a hard time deciding over the patter and colors but hmm, I personally like the way it ended up.

The top I was wearing that day is similar to that 'random girl' *ahem* in the drawing, only mine was pink and white. And as for the 'random guy' *ahem*, well, he's just looking cute with his clean cut look of collared shirt and closed shoes.


He always looks cute.

About the song:


These are the lyrics to the song. The chorus just repeats over and over again, so I didn't post the latter part anymore. But gosh, the chorus. THE CHORUS! IT WAS MADE FOR ME!

---


If I could take you away
Pretend I was queen
What would you say
Would you think I'm unreal
'Cause everybody's got their way I should feel

Everybody's talking how I, can't, can't be your love
But I want, want, want to be your love
Want to be your love, for real
Everybody's talking how I, can't, can't be your love
But I want, want, want to be your love
Want to be your love for real
Want to be your everything

Everything...

Everything's falling, and I am included in that
Oh, how I try to be just okay
Yeah, but all I ever really wanted
Was a little piece of you

And everybody's talking how I, can't, can't be your love
But I want, want, want to be your love
Want to be your love, for real
Everybody's talking how I, can't, can't be your love
But I want, want, want to be your love
Want to be your love for real

Everything will be alright
If you just stay the night
Please, sir, don't you walk away, don't you walk away, don't you walk away
Please, sir, don't you walk away, don't you walk away, don't you walk away


---

Yes It's an emo song. Yes this is a happy blog. Yes this is a happy post. No it's not ironic. I am happy about this! Not because I can't can't be his love, but because ... I'm just happy about this feeling that I'm feeling.

How can I go emo over someone who says 'hello' to me in such a cute way?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah sheena, random girl my butt!! :| hahahahahahaha! haba ng happy blog mo ah! so LITTLE time consumed! hahahah kidding! kidding! :P

Sheenz said...

HAHA. Milka, if you can seeeee, 50% of the blog space taken for this entry was cuz of the song lyrics! HAHA and believe me, I don't spend a lot of time!!! HAHA How can I with all our HWs!? lol.

The Grainary Corp. said...

Great drawing! :D

Sheenz said...

Thanks Tanq!