July 08, 2007

My Pick for the Wonders of the World

They've finally announced the new Seven Wonders of the World (on 7-7-07), in case you've been living under a rock. The Chichen Itza, Taj Mahal, Petra, Christ Redeemer, Great Wall, Colosseum and Machu Pichu has made the final 7. I've been waiting for this day since I found out about the project but I have to say, I'm not that happy with the results.. well, for two of them at least... Don't get me wrong, the places are ALL beautiful and I will die happily if I have visited all those places in my lifetime, but I just think that there are three who didn't make it that really deserved to be there.

So here's MY pick for the new wonders. I couldn't narrow it down to 7 so I stuck to 8.


I didn't include Petra and the Christ Redeemer, like I said, not because I didn't like them, but because I wanted to include 3 others. So from left to right, top to bottom, here are my eight wonders: Chichen Itza, Taj Mahal, Great Wall, Machu Pichu, Colosseum, Angkor Wat, Stonehenge and the Moai Statues at Eastern Islands. Now isn't that a better list? ^^


Taj Mahal is one of my top picks, because the story of the place is one my favorites. Great Wall, despite being a product of slavery, remains a great marvel because the structure reminds us of the skilled workers responsible. Also, it is the only structure seen from the moon, the last I heard... does that still hold true?

Why did I choose the Angkor Wat, the Moai Statues and the Stonehenge? The Angkor Wat because of it's beauty and sanctity. It is a great place of worship and the intricate style and design done is hard to pass up. The Moai Statues because they were carved from compressed volcanic ash! How creative was that? And of course, Stonehenge. I really can't believe they didn't include this one. It was built during pre-historic times, withstood the test of time, and still remains to be one of the greatest mysteries in the world. How could you NOT include it?!

That said, I'm still pretty happy that they included really nice places in the list. And now, I am making it a life goal to be able to visit all the 7 new wonders and with that, my own list of 8 wonders. Currently, I have only been to two (on both lists); The Great Wall and Colosseum last 2005 and 2006 respectively.

Why was I wearing the same top?!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha funny how you were wearing the same top to both China and Rome. wheeeee thy blog ish sow peeeenk. layk cotton kendi only less puffehhh :O *tok* :3 that ish all my love. :p

Anonymous said...

I really love your new blog! The pink stripes make it so happy and optimistic!

Your photos from Rome made me nostalgic! I went there last October and had so lovely time! I hope I'll visit it again some time! Now I just keep my fingers crossed and wish to go to Singapore this October or November. For now I just save money! XD

Take care,

Cloud No9

Sheenz said...

I'll wear the same shirt when I visit all the wonders, don't you think? Haha! Funny... Rome is so pretty ^^

naivete said...

sheena! i love your happy blog :) wearing the same shirt to visit all the 7 wonders sounds really cool haha keep the hairstyle so you can pretend you visited them all in one day :p nominations for the 7 natural wonders of the world are going on now and will end i think on 8-8-08.

Sheenz said...

Daph! Haha! Yeah Maybe I will keep my hairstyle until I visit all the wonders! lol. *hug*

Anonymous said...

After getting more than 10000 visitors/day to my website I thought your cippow25.blogspot.com website also need unstoppable flow of traffic...

Use this BRAND NEW software and get all the traffic for your website you will ever need ...

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com

In testing phase it generated 867,981 visitors and $540,340.

Then another $86,299.13 in 90 days to be exact. That's $958.88 a
day!!

And all it took was 10 minutes to set up and run.

But how does it work??

You just configure the system, click the mouse button a few
times, activate the software, copy and paste a few links and
you're done!!

Click the link BELOW as you're about to witness a software that
could be a MAJOR turning point to your success.

= = > > http://get-massive-autopilot-traffic.com